The League of Oddfellows
Science is a skill that covers both scientific knowledge and the act of “doing” science. It governs laboratory research, experimentation and scientific trivia. A character might use Science to:
- Create a chemical (chemistry)
- Identify a plant in the field (botany)
- Determine the top speed of an animal (zoology)
- Calculate impact vectors (physics)
- Diagnose a mental disorder (psychology)
Science is a multiple skill — it requires the player to identify a particular discipline. In the modern era, science has advanced far enough that any scientist has to specialize; however, in Victorian 1889, science has not yet advanced far enough that one man cannot master multiple disciplines. Thus, like Knowledge, a character has one discipline per rank in Science.